Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game where two teams of five players compete to destroy the opposing team's Ancient, a large structure located in the enemy base. The main objectives in Dota 2 are:
- Destroying the enemy team's Ancient: The ultimate objective of the game is to destroy the enemy team's Ancient, located in their base. This is achieved by pushing through the enemy's defenses, taking down towers and barracks, and finally, destroying the Ancient.
- Defending your own Ancient: While trying to destroy the enemy team's Ancient, it is equally important to defend your own Ancient from their attacks. Players must protect their towers, barracks, and other structures from being destroyed by the enemy team.
- Farming gold and experience: Players must also focus on farming gold and experience by killing creeps, neutral monsters, and enemy heroes. This will allow them to purchase better items and level up their abilities, making them stronger and more effective in combat.
- Controlling the map: Map control is an important aspect of Dota 2. Teams must control key areas of the map to gain an advantage over the enemy team. This includes controlling the runes, neutral camps, and key strategic points on the map.
- Teamwork and communication: Dota 2 is a team game, and effective communication and teamwork are crucial for success. Players must work together to coordinate their movements and execute their strategies effectively.