In Counter-Strike, smokes, flashes, and molotovs are essential tactical tools that can give players a strategic advantage. Here are some tips on how to use each of them effectively:
- Use smokes to block off sightlines or chokepoints that enemies are holding. This can allow you to safely cross a dangerous area or surprise an enemy from an unexpected angle.
- Smoke grenades can also be used to deny the enemy information. For example, throwing a smoke grenade in front of a sniper can obscure their vision and force them to relocate.
- Practice your smoke lineups so that you can throw them consistently and accurately.
- Flash grenades can be used to blind enemies, giving you a chance to push or take control of an area.
- You can use flashes to clear out corners or rooms before you enter them. Toss a flash into a room and wait for the enemy to be blinded before entering.
- Coordinate with your teammates to set up flashbangs. For example, one player can throw a flash while another player peeks from a different angle.
- Molotovs can be used to deny the enemy an area. For example, if you know that an enemy is hiding in a corner, throw a molotov to force them out or prevent them from repositioning.
- Use molotovs to cut off enemy rotations. For example, if you are playing a bomb site, you can throw a molotov to block off a chokepoint and prevent the enemy from quickly rotating to your position.
- Molotovs can also be used to force enemies out of positions where they are holding angles. Toss a molotov towards a common camping spot to force the enemy to move and give yourself a chance to take them out.
Remember that effective use of smokes, flashes, and molotovs requires good communication and coordination with your teammates. Practice using them in different situations and learn to adapt to different scenarios to gain a strategic advantage in the game.