To perform an aerial shot in Rocket League, follow these steps:
- Gain some speed: Before attempting an aerial shot, you need to gain some speed. Drive towards the ball from a distance, so you have enough momentum to jump and fly towards the ball.
- Jump: Once you are close to the ball, jump using the A button (on Xbox controller) or X button (on PlayStation controller). Timing is crucial here, so try to time your jump when the ball is at the right height.
- Boost: Once you are in the air, press and hold the boost button (B on Xbox controller or Circle on PlayStation controller) to propel yourself towards the ball. Be careful not to use up all your boost, as you will need it to maneuver in the air.
- Adjust your trajectory: While flying towards the ball, adjust your trajectory by tilting your car using the left joystick. This will allow you to aim for the goal or a teammate who is in a good position to score.
- Hit the ball: As you approach the ball, use your car's nose to hit the ball, aiming for a goal or a teammate who is in a good position to score.
- Land safely: After hitting the ball, try to land safely on the ground. Use your boost to slow down and stabilize your car's descent.
It takes practice and timing to perfect aerial shots in Rocket League, so keep practicing and don't get discouraged if you miss a few shots.