Completing difficult missions in XCOM 2 requires careful planning, smart tactics, and effective use of your resources. Here are some tips that can help you succeed:
- Plan your squad composition carefully: Before starting a mission, make sure to bring the right combination of soldiers with the appropriate skills and abilities to handle the challenges you'll face. Don't just rely on your favorite soldiers; try to have a diverse set of soldiers who can handle a variety of situations.
- Move carefully and use cover: Always move your soldiers carefully, using cover to protect them from enemy fire. Try to avoid dashing unless it's absolutely necessary, as this can leave your soldiers vulnerable to attacks.
- Prioritize your targets: Focus your attacks on the most dangerous enemies first, such as those with high damage or the ability to buff their allies. Don't waste your resources attacking weaker enemies unless it's necessary to do so.
- Use your abilities wisely: Each soldier has unique abilities that can be used to turn the tide of battle. Use these abilities strategically, saving them for the most difficult situations or to take out key targets.
- Take advantage of elevation: Whenever possible, try to get your soldiers to higher ground. This can give them a better view of the battlefield and a better chance to hit their targets.
- Use grenades and other explosives: Grenades and other explosive weapons can be extremely effective at taking out groups of enemies or destroying cover. Use them wisely to maximize their impact.
- Don't be afraid to retreat: If a mission is going badly and your soldiers are taking too much damage, don't be afraid to retreat and regroup. Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and try again another day.
By following these tips and adapting to the specific challenges of each mission, you can increase your chances of success in XCOM 2's difficult missions.